AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
December 09, 2019 09:07PM
Hi there,

Just want to get an opinion on this.

I have been using GAM functions on data from an event related design with stimulus durations of 3 seconds.

First, is 3 seconds too long for use of the GAM function? I know the documentation mentions short presentation times as being between 0-2 seconds. If it is too long, which function might be preferable?

Second, I realize I modeled fixation crosses as one of the trial types in the gltsym. These however are NOT presented for 3 seconds - they are only on screen for about .5-1 seconds between each stimulus presentation. I realize now that this violates the recommendation of having conditions with the same stimulus time. Would you say this might be issue?
If not, great! But if so, would you recommend leaving fixation crosses out of the model to serve as implicit baselines? (That way all modeled trials have the same stimulus length..) Or rather, would it be better to use a different basis function while keeping fixation crosses included in the gltsym?
Subject Author Posted

Appropriate 3dDeconvolve basis function for 3 second stimulus presentations

jyaros December 09, 2019 09:07PM

Re: Appropriate 3dDeconvolve basis function for 3 second stimulus presentations

rick reynolds December 17, 2019 03:54PM