AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
RvK
January 15, 2020 09:26AM
Dear AFNI experts,

I am trying to estimate cluster thresholds for my analyses with 3dClustSim. Because I have done preprocessing and first level analyses in SPM, I'm a bit puzzled by what to include in the 3dFWHMx and 3dClustSim commands. After carefully reading the helps and the message board, the following steps are what I have come up with. I'm still a bit unsure as to what mask-files to use at what step. Would you be so kind as to check whether this approach sounds okay?

1) I took the square root of the ResMS.nii files (which are first-level output) per subject

2) I ran per subject: 3dFWHMx -mask -mask.nii -acf >> acf.txt
Here I used the individual mask-files created on first level, is this correct? Or do I use the same (group-level, created on second level) mask for all the subjects?

3) I calculated the mean acf-value over all the subjects

4) I ran: 3dClustSim -mask mask.nii -acf [the 3 mean acf values] >> thresholds.txt
Here I used the group level (created on second level) mask, would that be correct? I also tried running this with -nxyz and -dxyz specified, but then the output was very different, so I'm a bit unsure about this.

Thank you!
Kind regards, Rozemarijn
Subject Author Posted

3dClustSim

RvK January 15, 2020 09:26AM