AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
August 18, 2020 05:59PM
Hello,

I'm having a little trouble figuring out how to add 3dClustsim to my 3dMEMA script. The reason why I want to add 3dClustsim to my 3dMEMA script is because when I look at the functional file, that was generated from 3dMEMA, there is still a lot of Cluster Noise that I need to remove. One of my colleagues informed me that in order to remove the cluster noise, I need to add 3dClustsim. He told me that a former colleague did this and it was written in his script, but I'm having trouble understanding the script and replacing it with what I need. I've read the help files and other AFNI board posts but I'm still confused on exactly what to do.

He added the following to the bottom of his 3dMEMA script:

mkdir files_ClustSim

3dAutomask -dilate 1 -prefix rm.mask INCONG+tlrc

3dClustSim -both -nxyz 64 64 35 -acf $param[1-3]
-cmd 3dClustSim.ACF.cmd -prefix files_ClustSim/ClustSim.ACF

I'm confused with the following:
-Why use 1 for the dilate?
-I read that 64 64 35 is the default 3d Grid, but does this mean it works with every different template? Would this work for data that was 3dWarped to MNI template?
-I deleted the $param[1-3] because the output said that this variable was unrecognizable, however, I'm not sure what numbers to insert here. I read the 3dClustSim help file but I didn't understand how to derive the a b c values for acf. It said in the help file that abc are "3 parameters giving the shape, and can also be estimated by 3dFWHMx." Does this mean I have to use 3dFWHMx or do I not have to?

I read in a message board, that I can use the values from an individual subject. Is this true? If so, what file do you get the ACF values from? In one message board, I read that you can get the ACF values from the blur.errts.1d file. If this is true, which row do you pick? I have 6 rows that say ACF model parameters for a*exp(-r*r/(2*b*b))+(1-a)*exp(-r/c) plus effective FWHM? Or are the ACF values derived from the blur_est.Subject.1D file? Are the ACF values from the err_reml FWHM blur estimates row? Any information on what files to get the ACF values would be great!

All, I saw that you have to average all the individual's ACF numbers. If so, how do you do this? How do I go about taking these values from 140 subjects and averaging them? Does anyone have a script that goes into all the blur.errts.1d file and averages the three numbers?

What is the easiest way of determining this ACF value for subjects that were all SSwarped so their anatomical would fit the MNI template?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

THANK YOU!
Rebecca

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2020 07:01PM by Carvalho.
Subject Author Posted

Help with 3DMema & 3dClustSim

Carvalho August 18, 2020 05:59PM

Re: Help with 3DMema & 3dClustSim

ptaylor August 19, 2020 03:43PM