AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
November 18, 2020 07:03PM
Hello,

Within my analysis, I have two different models that I would like to compare using a conjunction map. The first is an F map from 3dLME and the second is the result from 3dttest++. Currently, I am using clustsim and 3dClusterize to compute the F map in 3dLME at p < 0.001 a=0.05. For 3dttest++ I have used the following ETAC flag:
-ETAC_optNN=3:side=1,2:hpow=0,1,2:pthr=0.02,0.005,0.001:fpr=ALL:name=TEST \

My broader question is, is it appropriate to compare these two maps despite the different clustering methods?

I also have several questions about the ETAC output. It seems to be more liberal compared to clustsim/3dClusterize method. Is this due to the lower p threshold included in the ETAC command? In addition, the resulting map has two large clusters labeled as 4 and 6. I am not quite sure how to interpret these cluster numbers as they are not sequential. Do 4 and 6 have a specific meaning? I also ran 3dclust on this output to see if I could parse apart the two big clusters and there were 35 resulting clusters which seems large. Is this an appropriate practice?
Subject Author Posted

Creating conjunction map w/ two different clustering methods

Catherine Tallman November 18, 2020 07:03PM

Re: Creating conjunction map w/ two different clustering methods

gang November 19, 2020 08:40AM