AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
November 17, 2020 12:58PM
Hello,

I want to quantify the accuracy of alignment for surfaces that are aligned to std.141 during the normal SUMA pipeline. In other words, how much error is there in the alignment, akin to a cost metric that is produced in traditional anatomical alignment.

I think way to evaluate alignment is to use the `std.141.*.MI.1D` files that are produced by @SUMA_Make_Spec_FS. I think that this file measures the mutual information cost of the alignment of each node to the std.141 mesh; however, I am not sure this is true. It seems to be created by MapIcosahedron (https://afni.nimh.nih.gov/pub/dist/doc/htmldoc/programs/MapIcosahedron_sphx.html). On that web page it mentions these files in the following:
"Write a file showing the mapping of each
node in the icosahedron to the closest
three nodes in the original mesh.
The file is named by the prefix of the output
spec file and suffixed by MI.1D"

I am aware that this is only one type of metric for alignment and other procedures, like using the Enigma QC, could be an alternative.

Could you please provide clarification about what these MI.1D files represent and whether they would be appropriate for evaluating alignment?

Thanks,
Cameron
Subject Author Posted

Meaning of MI.1D produced by SUMA

Cameron.T.Ellis November 17, 2020 12:58PM

Re: Meaning of MI.1D produced by SUMA

ptaylor November 17, 2020 10:23PM

Cameron.T.Ellis November 23, 2020 11:19AM

ptaylor November 23, 2020 11:29AM