AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
July 12, 2021 04:51PM
Dear AFNI experts:
I am designing a new neuroimaging cluster and wanted to see if there is a recommended RAM to core recommendation for AFNI. Generally I have purchased systems with 4GB ram per core but the current core count on this new system is about 52-64 cores per node (hyper threading disabled) so I am wanted to get more feedback as that can be a pricy endeavor. Is there a recommended minimum amount of ram/core to optimally run AFNI openmp versions?

Additionally, while I plan on using a docker to run AFNI, I am wondering if there is a strong potential for differing results between AMD based systems and Intel based systems. One of the existing clusters runs on Intel based processors (6230R) and so I wanted to make sure there are no issues in terms of reproducibility if we went with AMD vs Intel for this new cluster.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ajay
Subject Author Posted

Ram per CPU recommendation

AjaySK July 12, 2021 04:51PM

Re: Ram per CPU recommendation

rick reynolds July 13, 2021 03:20PM

Re: Ram per CPU recommendation

AjaySK July 13, 2021 06:25PM