AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
December 17, 2021 01:50PM
Hi all,

I have preprocessed a set of resting state images using AFNI ver 21.2.04 ('Nerva'). The anatomical images were sent through SSwarper and recon-all and my proc.py script was modeled after example 11. I am using a functional atlas that consists of 90 ROIs in MNI space. I was hoping to calculate some QC-FC metrics as described in Ciric et al (2017) to evaluate the distance-dependent effects of motion on functional connectivity before and after denoising. To do this, a distance matrix is created by calculating the euclidean distance between the centers of mass of all node pairs. Using the 3dCM command I was able to extract the center of mass of each ROI. For calculation of the euclidean distance, I see the SurfDist command, however, my data is volumetric rather than surface-based. Is there any other function in AFNI that can be used to calculate euclidean distance between each ROI pair center of mass in volumetric space?

Thanks!
Jenna
Subject Author Posted

Euclidean distance between two volumetric ROIs

jkblujus December 17, 2021 01:50PM

Re: Euclidean distance between two volumetric ROIs

rick reynolds December 20, 2021 09:51AM

jkblujus December 20, 2021 10:48AM

rick reynolds December 20, 2021 04:16PM