AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
April 06, 2022 12:55PM
Hello all,

I'm working on creating a standard set of MNI ROI structures for our lab and have a few questions about the way that AFNI handles atlases:

1) I see that several atlases in AFNI are probabilistic. In FSL, these atlases are either thresholded at 0, 25, or 50. I was wondering if AFNI thresholds the atlases or if they are all thresholded at 0? I understand that given that atlases can be added, that this answer may differ by which atlas you're using. So is there a way to tell the threshold of the atlas (if there is one?). I've tried 3dinfo and cat on the HEAD files but don't seem to be able to find that information.

2) Before I work to segment the MNI_avg152T1+tlrc atlas myself, I was wondering if there is an existing repository of extracted structures in MNI space (e.g., Left Amygdala, Right Putamen, etc. etc.) that lives somewhere in the AFNI directory or somewhere else that is open source but I can't find?

Thank you so much!

Best,
Megan
Subject Author Posted

AFNI Atlas Segmentation Question

MeganQ April 06, 2022 12:55PM

Re: AFNI Atlas Segmentation Question

ptaylor April 06, 2022 03:44PM

Daniel Glen April 06, 2022 06:42PM

MeganQ April 07, 2022 11:17AM