AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
April 06, 2022 09:00AM
Dear Colleagues,

Hi. I have a problem with the "Go to atlas location" AFNI feature. Please correct any statements that are misunderstandings along the way.

At first, I had no environment variables set. I would use
TT_N27_SSW.nii.gz
as my underlay and
TT_N27_EZ_ML+tlrc.*
as my overlay. Fun. Great. If I wanted to use "Go to atlas location," I could use the default TT_Daemon to roughly go somewhere, and it worked.

I then learned that
TT_N27_EZ_ML+tlrc.*
is sort of depreciated. Logical because it is not listed anywhere in this
AFNI_atlas_spaces.niml
file. I should instead use this
TT_caez_ml_18+tlrc.*
dataset. I say sort of because the macrolabels are the same (https://afni.nimh.nih.gov/afni/community/board/read.php?1,156152,156167#msg-156167). My first problem was I still needed to use the depreciated file because the macrolabels would not appear in AFNI when clicking on the region. This
(base) picchionid@raid ~> 3dinfo -labeltable /misc/prog/afni/current.x86_64/TT_caez_ml_18+tlrc.HEAD
NO_LABEL_TABLE
is consistent with that potential problem.

I then added
AFNI_ATLAS_LIST = CA_N27_ML
AFNI_ATLAS_COLORS = CA_N27_ML
to my .afnirc file because in
AFNI_atlas_spaces.niml
CA_N27_ML is the atlas name for that dataset. Now I use
TT_caez_ml_18+tlrc.*
as the overlay. This solved the problem where macrolabels would not appear in AFNI when clicking on the region. However, when I now try to use "Go to atlas location," all the coordinates are 0, 0, 0 as show in the attached screenshot. What happened?

Sincerely,

Dante
Attachments:
open | download - Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 08.20.30.png (1.04 MB)
Subject Author Posted

Go to atlas location Attachments

dante.picchioni April 06, 2022 09:00AM

Re: Go to atlas location

Daniel Glen April 06, 2022 06:21PM

dante.picchioni April 07, 2022 08:23AM

Daniel Glen April 07, 2022 10:05AM

Daniel Glen April 08, 2022 12:07PM