AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
July 11, 2022 10:33AM
Hello, I am very new to all of this. I wanted to reach out and ask for guidance/advice regarding incorporating fieldmaps that were collected into preprocessing my data, using afni_proc.py. This data uses a fear extinction paradigm, and so is event-based, though there is also some resting data before and after extinction. I was instructed to incorporate fieldmaps/gradients to make the preprocessing more robust, but I am 1) unsure exactly what fieldmaps and gradients are, and 2) am lost in terms of what they do to benefit data. If you can point me in a direction towards an article or something that would be super helpful!!!
Subject Author Posted

Using fieldmaps & gradients with Afni_proc.py

hannahw July 11, 2022 10:33AM