AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
October 16, 2021 07:59PM
Dear all,

I have a theoretical question concerning the averaging of multiple runs in a task-based design. Imagine that I would like to calculate variables such as functional connectivity, fast fourier transform (and then the power-law exponent), etc. after the preprocessing with AFNI_proc is done.

Options:
1. Should I first use 3dmean to average all runs (for each subject). E.g., there are 6 runs for each subject and I would create one "final" average run for each subject via 3dmean; or
2. Should I calculate things like FFT, PLE, FC, etc. first for each single subject to subsequently calculate their mean via 1deval, 3dcalc, etc.; or
3. Should I use the all_runs file that is created by AFNI_proc automatically and merges all runs.

Is there a recommendation that most people in fMRI (or in AFNI) use these days?

Philipp

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2021 07:59PM by Philipp.
Subject Author Posted

Averaging of single runs (task-based design)

Philipp October 16, 2021 07:59PM

Re: Averaging of single runs (task-based design)

gang October 20, 2021 11:04AM

Re: Averaging of single runs (task-based design)

Philipp October 23, 2021 10:16AM