AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
December 06, 2022 07:43PM
Hi all,

I am conducting a resting state fMRI analysis. I preprocessed the data using fMRIprep and denoised the data using AFNI. I would like to create 264 spherical ROIs centered around the MNI coordinates provided by Power et al. (2011; [www.sciencedirect.com]).

My preprocessed images are in MNI space (MNI152NLin6Asym) with 2x2x2 mm resolution. To create each ROI, I used the following code with 3dUndump:
3dUndump -prefix ${name}.nii.gz -master sub-001_task-rest_space-MNI152NLin6Asym_res-2_desc-preproc_bold.nii.gz -srad 5 -xyz -24.66 -97.84 -12.33

Can I use the MNI coordinates directly from the paper to create each spherical ROI (as done above)? Or do I need to do an intermediate step to transform the coordinates to my image space?

Thanks in advance,
Jenna
Subject Author Posted

Creating spherical ROI from MNI coordinates

jblujus December 06, 2022 07:43PM

Re: Creating spherical ROI from MNI coordinates

ptaylor December 07, 2022 07:09AM

jblujus December 07, 2022 12:26PM

ptaylor December 08, 2022 03:55PM