AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
March 11, 2003 04:23PM
I have an experiment set up to test the activation difference to two types of long stimuli. Subjects see a type 1 movie of 12 seconds, or a type 2 movie of 12 seconds. Each movie is followed by a picture presentation and button response. The activation to picture and response is not of particular interest, but I have included it in the model in order to account for it. So... for a deconvolution, the maxlag for both types of movie events is long (I've been using 14) but for the picture event it is shorter, because it is a shorter event (up to 6 seconds, I've been using maxlag 10). I know my maxlags are long, but I'm trying to include return from undershoot, and the irf's I've generated, give a reasonable looking wave estimate using these long lookaheads. Additionally, I jittered the presentation of the picture/response (2, 4, or 6 secs), thinking that would make the response portion easier to pull apart from the preceding movie.

I'm not sure if using two different maxlags in a deconvolution is valid--I have to admit that I assumed it would be since the program allows it. It seems to have worked pretty well, except that for some of my subjects, the contrasts (area under the curve type1-type2) look awful, while the point by point activation (looking at the peak response brick/F-stat for each condition) look good. I haven't yet tried to do a regression with an extrinsic wave form. I'm wondering if there's an obvious feature of the design/analysis that would explain the problems with the contrast activation maps when the peak response maps look good (by good, reasonable locations of activation, and clean).

Thanks,

Arika

Subject Author Posted

Deconvolution with different maxlags

Arika Okrent March 11, 2003 04:23PM

Re: Deconvolution with different maxlags

B. Douglas Ward March 11, 2003 06:17PM