AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
November 15, 2012 04:23PM
Hi everybody,

I'm (re)writing the methods section of a resting state paper where the analysis is based on example 9 in afni_proc.py. I just want to include a couple of lines on why including bandpass regressors in the model matrix has advantages.

Those that I can come up with include:
1. permits censoring without having to break the time axis or replace censored time points with inappropriate data (e.g. average of time points on either side of the censored volume.)
2. I have a vague recollection of somebody saying that it makes the impact of the degrees of freedom in the model more explicit rather than performing an FFT first and then doing regression. (I could be completely wrong on this one as I could be mistaken or hallucinating!)

Am I right on any of these? Are there more that I've not mentioned?

Thanks,

Colm.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2012 04:23PM by Colm Connolly.
Subject Author Posted

resting state analysis: advantages of bandpass filtering in regression?

Colm Connolly November 15, 2012 04:23PM

Re: resting state analysis: advantages of bandpass filtering in regression?

rick reynolds November 15, 2012 04:30PM

Colm Connolly November 15, 2012 04:41PM

rick reynolds November 15, 2012 10:24PM