AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
December 03, 2012 11:40PM
Hi all,

I have previously posted here and received help with various aspects of my analysis. One of the key aspects of my analysis was to use AFNI to remove all regressors of no interest (including baseline/trend) so as to have a relatively "clean" signal to input to my non-AFNI analyses.
Given that I had not calculated PSC pre-3dDeconvolve, and that I want to use 3dSynthesize to remove the baseline and motion aspects of the signal, which option for calculating PSC is most theoretically sound?:

1. Subtract motion, take that result and divide it by the baseline? or
2. Subtract both motion and baseline, take the mean of the outcome, and divide by that?

I'm sure this must be relatively simple to answer, but I can't quite figure out what the key bit is. To clarify, the later analyses will be done on a per-voxel basis, but since I expect results in clusters, I will have to plot time courses per cluster.

Thanks,
Mahen
Subject Author Posted

Best Way to Calculate PSC Given Other Constraints

Mahen_N December 03, 2012 11:40PM

Re: Best Way to Calculate PSC Given Other Constraints

rick reynolds December 04, 2012 09:58AM

Mahen_N December 04, 2012 11:39PM

rick reynolds December 05, 2012 02:01PM