AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
Anonymous User
July 17, 2012 11:16AM
Hello all,

I have a mostly-T2 weighted anatomical image (as opposed to the traditional high resolution T1-weighted anatomical), along with EPI data at a lower resolution. For the EPIs, the brain is in a slightly different orientation than the anatomical (tilted forward, a little bit of warping going on, too). I need to align this EPI to the anatomical dataset, and it seems like no matter what I do, the script ends up brutalizing the EPI. It could be because there is not a lot of contrast in the EPI data - so CSF is only slightly identifiable. Most of the cost functions seem to shift the brain to roughly the same space, but not apply any scaling, and not match the CSF components in the same z-direction slice. All data sets are 2D.

If I use the -anat and -epi options, does -anat assume the anatomical is T1 weighted? If so, I assume using -dset1 and -dset2 options would suffice - but then how do I specify a sub-BRIK to use?

Also, does anybody have any suggestions for troublesome dataset alignment?

As always, thanks a ton!
Subject Author Posted

align_epi_anat - optimal settings

Anonymous User July 17, 2012 11:16AM

Re: align_epi_anat - optimal settings

rick reynolds July 18, 2012 09:20PM