AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
April 09, 2013 05:06PM
> My plan is to regress out the task, and then calculate temporal correlations in the
> residual using 3dDeconvolve.

The regressing out step is not ideal, and can only remove the assumed response that is typically averaged across many trials. In other words, it won't touch the following: 1) the varying response across trials from the averaged curve; 2) the response that is different from the presumed curve.

> However, this data was acquired over 6 runs lasting 7 min each. If I concatenate the
> runs and describe the data as such in 3dDeconvolve through -concat, will the program
> take this into account during the correlation computation? Or should I calculate the R
> values within each run (and then average across runs)?

The concatenation seems fine since no cross-time computations other than summation are involved.

Gang

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2013 05:41PM by Gang.
Subject Author Posted

Connectivity analysis over multiple runs

vpdath April 09, 2013 03:24PM

Re: Connectivity analysis over multiple runs

gang April 09, 2013 05:06PM

vpdath April 09, 2013 05:26PM

Noah April 10, 2013 10:02AM