AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
April 11, 2013 03:04PM
Hi Ziad,

Can you help me understand what is going wrong with one of my surfaces? It comes from FreeSurfer and looks fine when viewed with MGH tools. I could even swear I loaded it into suma a year ago but now, when I try to view it or use it in analysis pipelines I get errors. I tried to reimport the surface with

@SUMA_Make_Spec_FS -fspath $SUBJECTS_DIR/$subj -sid $subj

The script runs well except for the error below (and similar for -ld 60), which is near identical the the error I get from other commands. What should I do to trouble shoot this?

cheers
Iain

MapIcosahedron -spec DE027_lh.spec -ld 141 -dset_map lh.thickness.gii.dset -prefix std.141.
++ Notice SUMA_SurfNorm (SUMA_SurfNorm.c:229 @14:45:25):
(IGNORE for surfaces with cuts
126451 nodes (99.999207% of total) are
not members of any FaceSets.
Their normals are set to the
unit vector.

** Critical SUMA_Make_Edge_List_eng (SUMA_MiscFunc.c:7406):
Bad bad news.
Could not calculate max_N_Hosts &/| min_N_Hosts
Error SUMA_SurfaceMetrics_eng: Failed in SUMA_Make_Edge_List.
Neighbor list will not be created

Fatal Signal 11 (SIGSEGV) received
SUMA_Convexity_Engine
SUMA_Convexity
SUMA_SurfaceMetrics_eng
SUMA_PrepAddmappableSO
SUMA_LoadSpec_eng
MapIcosahedron
Bottom of Debug Stack
** AFNI version = AFNI_2011_12_21_1014 Compile date = May 22 2012
** [[Precompiled binary macosx_10.6_Intel_64: May 22 2012]]
** Program Abort **