AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
April 22, 2013 07:53PM
Hi Nick,

I can't help but think the approach is not a good idea. You list the reasons in your posting and I would add that I don't like that some parts of the resultant beast are 2-manifold and some are not. I am surprised the clustering program does not crash and burn on such objects. You make the point that smoothness estimation does not matter since you're using using bootstrap methods to determine significance, but the ad-hoc method will raise concerns that the results will never hold up to replication.

I would determine with some certainty why these blobs are not reaching significance. Do you have to few subjects? Would other correction methods, such as FDR and FWE fail also? If your maps are quite clean and the blobs fall quite nicely in regions supported by prior independent findings, and you can't get more subjects, you can show the maps without multiple comparison corrections and throw yourself at the mercy of the reviewers.

cheers,
z
Subject Author Posted

best approach to Join hemispheres?

nick April 22, 2013 07:01AM

Re: best approach to Join hemispheres?

ziad April 22, 2013 07:53PM

nick April 23, 2013 07:03AM

ziad April 24, 2013 08:50AM