AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
May 02, 2013 10:40AM
Hi Jeff,

> the categorical variables are all between-subjects factors.

In that case you can even use 3dttest++ for the analysis by dummy coding those between-subjects factors as covariates. Plus it does provide the masking option.

> I was hoping for a masking option to speed up my analysis--
> it sounds like the program must be spending most of its run time
> analyzing all-zero response vectors. I can understand that that
> might be a low priority for AFNI, though.

Two comments:

1) 3dRegAna should be very fast already. The masking probably does not save much computational time.
2) The functionality of 3dRegAna is better implemented in other programs such as 3dttest++, 3dMEMA and 3dMVM. So there is no point for us to continue to improve it.

Gang
Subject Author Posted

masking and FDR in 3dRegAna

Jeff Phillips May 01, 2013 02:09PM

Re: masking and FDR in 3dRegAna

gang May 01, 2013 03:48PM

Jeff Phillips May 01, 2013 09:43PM

gang May 02, 2013 10:40AM