AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
June 13, 2013 05:03PM
> if I want to obtain the correlation coefficient for my seed time course regressor.
> I need to take the square root of the R^2.

In addition to the square root part, you also need to assign the proper sign, which can be obtained from the corresponding beta or t-value for the seed time series. For example:

3dcalc -a subj01+tlrc'[SubbrickForR2]' -b subj01+tlrc'[SubbrickForBeta]' -expr 'ispositive(b)*sqrt(a)-isnegative(b)*sqrt(a)' -prefix ...

> since I have the additional motion parameters. Is it correct to do? I'm getting the same
> R^2 value for the partial R^2 of the seed time course regressor as the full R^2. Is this
> correct? Is this a result of having placed the motion parameters as part of the base
> model (using -stim_base).

Well, the fact that the partial R^2 of the seed time course regressor is the same as the full R^2 in this case simply because you have only one regressor (seed time series) in addition to those regressors in the base model. If you treat the motion parameters as normal regressors (*not* part of the base model), then the partial R^2 of the seed time course regressor would be different from (and smaller than) the full R^2 (which would be the total amount of accountability of the six motion parameters plus the seed time series).

Gang

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2013 06:39PM by Gang.
Subject Author Posted

3dDeconvolve R-square, Correlation Coefficient

Michael June 12, 2013 04:59PM

Re: 3dDeconvolve R-square, Correlation Coefficient

gang June 13, 2013 02:55PM

Michael June 13, 2013 03:16PM

gang June 13, 2013 05:03PM

Michael June 13, 2013 06:08PM