AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
June 24, 2013 03:22PM
Durai-

A member of the AFNI team may have a better answer... I ran the 3dvolreg command on about 30 DTI scans that I had "around", but I do not see an intensity change (to that level). It's possible that it's related to a previous discussed topic on Fourier interpolation having a difficult time with spikes in the data or other distortions. It could be that your particular subject has some large amount of motion during what could be 514 different DTI directions (is that right?). You can get some idea about the motion during the scan with commands like these:

3dvolreg -cubic -verbose -1Dfile motion.1D -prefix volreg.dti.nii.gz -base 0 inputfile.nii.gz
1d_tool.py -infile motion.1D -show_censor_count -censor_prev_TR -censor_motion 0.3 motion_out
1dplot -jpg motion_censored.jpg -censor motion_out_censor.1D motion.1D

Consider posting the image of motion over the 515 sub-briks in your datafile. If you do have motion in your DTI scan (or even if you do not), you may want to look into using TORTOISE to try and resolve some of artifacts introduced by motion or other noise.

Peter

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2013 03:36PM by Peter Molfese.
Subject Author Posted

Intensity anomalies after 3dvolreg

Anonymous User June 20, 2013 11:32AM

Re: Intensity anomalies after 3dvolreg

Peter Molfese June 20, 2013 02:33PM

Anonymous User June 20, 2013 04:49PM

Anonymous User June 24, 2013 02:44PM

Peter Molfese June 24, 2013 03:22PM