AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
July 03, 2013 09:08AM
Are you using black blood (GRE T2*) or white blood (time-of-flight) imaging methods?

We don't have a direct tool for making venograms, since there never has been any demand from our user base. We have some tools that are useful for this task, but not a complete package.

For black blood imaging (which I think is the most common form for venography), you can use the Project function in the image viewer window to enhance the veins. To do this, open an image viewer on your dataset, then
  • click on the Disp button (lower left corner)
  • about 2/3 the way down the Disp control panel is the Project menu
  • click on that menu and choose Minimum
  • on the Slab +- menu below Project, choose the number of slices to include on either side of the viewed slice (e.g., 1 for a slab with 3 slices thick)
For white blood imaging, you could use Maximum instead of Minimum. You'll have to play with the number of slices to see how it looks.

If you want a 3D rendering, which is cool if nothing else, I'm afraid that we don't have a useful tool for tracing veins or arteries to create an overlay to use in the AFNI 3D volume renderer. Such a tracer would be non-trivial to write, and (as I said), our principal user base has never expressed a strong desire for this feature.
Subject Author Posted

Vascular Rendering and Venogram

chpiero July 03, 2013 04:58AM

Re: Vascular Rendering and Venogram

Bob Cox July 03, 2013 09:08AM

Re: Vascular Rendering and Venogram

Daniel Glen July 03, 2013 11:22AM