AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
August 05, 2013 07:16PM
> -model 5 : 1 2 3 0 -bucket 0 reg

It seems that you left out the 4th column, and it should be like this:

-model 5 : 0 1 2 3 4 -bucket 0 reg

> Now, in my output, the F-stat and R^2 would indicate the degree to which my
> explanatory data fits the data?

Yes, that's right.

> Or, would I look at the Coef # est & tstat of my explanatory variable for this? I ask
> this because the coef est / tstat map of one of my covariates appears to display
> clusters I had anticipated the explanatory variable to modulate.

The Coef # est & tstat for the 5th column should be consistent with the F-stat from the following:

-model 5 : 0 1 2 3 4 -bucket 0 reg

Is it the case?

> Covarying for this particular coefficient data introduces a similar expected cluster in
> what I believe to be the full regression model, but leaving it out of the model removes
> the cluster. What is an explanation for this? If the coef est / tstat map of my explanatory
> variable doesn't show significance at this area but the map of aforementioned covariate
> does, then is it safe to assume that this is just an effect of my covariate? Not sure what
> to interpret from the cluster in the regression subbrik.

Your terminology is confusing. Explanatory variables and covariate can mean the same thing, which can be either categorical or quantitative variables.

Is the above question the same as the one below?

> But if I'm getting a significant cluster in coef #2 t-stat and not in coef#5 t-stat, then that
> is just the contribution of the col 2 covariate, correct?

In your current model, the significance of coef #2 t-stat means the group difference at the center value of column 5. If you remove column 5 from the model, do you get similar significance for column 2?

> I'm not familiar with 3dMVM. How would I use 3dttest++ when my explanatory variable is continuous?

In 3dttest++ you specify the five columns as five covariates.

Gang
Subject Author Posted

3dregana interpretation; ANOVA conjunction

Thomas August 01, 2013 10:08PM

Re: 3dregana interpretation; ANOVA conjunction

gang August 02, 2013 03:48PM

Thomas August 05, 2013 11:41AM

gang August 05, 2013 03:03PM

Thomas August 05, 2013 03:59PM