AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
August 29, 2013 07:44PM
I get what one would expect if using AM2 instead of AM1, sorry about that confusion. Now back to using RT...

> Gang Wrote:
> >
> > This is why I asked before how you would like to run group analysis regarding each modulation
> > effect. Per RT, the question is whether you want to obtain the interaction between tasks and groups
> > while controlling RT at its average? If so, treating RT as a modulation variable seems better
> > than the alternative (dmBLOCK).

> rick reynolds Wrote:
> > If the durations of the stimulus classes vary from 1 to 4 seconds,
> > it might be a good idea to stick with duration modulation. GAM
> > is not such a good fit for a 4-second stimulus.

The RT is more variable than I thought. It actually goes up to 10 seconds, with the mean and stdev of mean(RT) being (2500ms and 850ms). Using a Gamma function, as is, seems inappropriate. I was thinking perhaps I could use each subject's mean RT as a duration parameter in the GAM function, but that still will do a poor job of fitting for those trials where subjects waited ~10 seconds. Doing dmBLOCK w/ RT as the duration modulator makes sense - would it be non-sensical/invalid to imagine RT acting as BOTH amplitude and duration modulation? It seems weird to me - but if you have any insights, by all means. Otherwise I'll be going back to treating it as a duration modulator only, and keeping sum,diff,delay as amplitude modulators.

Thanks so much for your help. Though I have lots to learn, I understand this much more than before.
Hugo
Subject Author Posted

Linear Combination w/ stim_times_AM

Hugo Decker August 28, 2013 10:10AM

Re: Linear Combination w/ stim_times_AM

gang August 28, 2013 12:01PM

Hugo Decker August 28, 2013 01:33PM

gang August 28, 2013 03:23PM

Hugo Decker August 28, 2013 06:44PM