AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
October 31, 2013 04:30PM
> I am curious if there is a way to correct for multiple comparisons using Guassian
> Random field theory methods instead.

Random field theory is currently not implemented in AFNI, so you'd have to try another package.

> Cluster-size methods are killing my results in smaller structures

First of all, random field theory is also a cluster-based approach for multiple testings correction. And I doubt it would please you better than 3dClustSim because typically people come in the opposite direction from what you're asking.

The so-called small volume correction (SVC) might help, but that's just a band-aid joke. See if there is room for improvement from modeling perspective. If not, I would simply present the results honestly as is, combined with the response magnitude (e.g., percent signal change). At the end of the day, it is the response amplitude (not statistics) that is of scientific interest that provides a solid base for reproducibility and cross examination.

Gang

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2013 05:41PM by Gang.
Subject Author Posted

Gaussian Random field theory correction methods

shenderson October 31, 2013 03:50PM

Re: Gaussian Random field theory correction methods

shenderson October 31, 2013 04:06PM

Re: Gaussian Random field theory correction methods

gang October 31, 2013 04:30PM