AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
November 13, 2013 02:51PM
it has been previously recommended that a -30 angle (in reference to AC-PC) helps reduce signal artifact and signal loss i ventral prefrontal cortex and in other artifact prone regions like the amygdala.

[reference: Deichmann et al., 2003. Optimized EPI for fMRI studies of the orbitofrontal cortex.]

i have collected some pilot data and it does appear that signal quality is better with the -30 angle.

i'm curious if there are any concerns with coregistration to a structural scan or template. i guess i'm unfamiliar with how 3dAllineate works and how it would handle a scan that is not collected as straight axial.

example image can be found here (note that because of the angle, a portion of posterior parietal cortex is cut off. this area is not of interest but again i'm not sure if this impacts coregistration quality).

[www.dropbox.com]

thank you,

jatin
Subject Author Posted

coregistration of fMRI data collected with -30 angle

jvaidya November 13, 2013 02:51PM

Re: coregistration of fMRI data collected with -30 angle

Daniel Glen November 13, 2013 03:22PM

jvaidya November 13, 2013 04:17PM

Daniel Glen November 13, 2013 06:24PM