AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
December 10, 2013 11:04AM
I have some single-slice data that I want to overlay on an identically oriented anatomic image (identical image position (patient) DICOM attributes). If I just do to3d on the slice data and anatomic, the single slice data is not located in the correct spatial location

If I deoblique both volumes, the data is positioned correctly, but the single-slice is (as expected) now a series of strips

I can then 'reoblique' the single-slice data into the oblique-anatomic's orientation using the values in WARPDRIVE_MATVEC_INV_000000, but then I've resampled my data a couple times for what should amount to being largely just translations

Still, position looks about right at least.

However, if I use 3dAllineate and just apply the combined (WARPDRIVE_MATVEC_INV_000000)anatomic x (WARPDRIVE_MATVEC_FOR_000000)single-slice, I get a matrix of about

[ 1  0  0 | x]
[ 0  1  0 | y]
[ 0  0 -1 | z]

with no data ending up in my final image volume.

I have 6 single-slice 'volumes' that I've tried this on. 4 of them work fine (i.e. end up with data where I expect it and a translation-only transform matrix); 2 of them behave as described above. When doing to3d, all of the single-slice volumes issue:
*+ WARNING: Image Positions do not lie in same direction as cross product vector: ####
When #### is positive, everything seems to work ok. when #### is negative, they behave as described above.

Any suggestions on what I'm missing or what may be going on?

Many Thanks,
-C
Subject Author Posted

Single Slice Volumes

Chad N December 10, 2013 11:04AM

Re: Single Slice Volumes

Daniel Glen December 11, 2013 01:13PM

Re: Single Slice Volumes

Chad N December 11, 2013 04:42PM