AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
December 16, 2013 11:50PM
You may be better off rerunning the analysis using the TENT basis, as Rick suggested.

However, if averages are all you want, the ancient afni plugin "SingleTrial Avg" can do it without resorting to a lot of scripting. I have not used it in ages, but someone asked me about it last week, coincidentally. You need to create a .1D text file with a column of numbers, 0 for "off" timepoints and 1 for "on" timepoints (which define the windows to be averaged), and as many rows as timepoints (TRs) in the data set. The output is a 3D+time data set where time is the length of the longest "on" window defined (unless you set the max limit).

Note that this calculates the same thing that paranoidandroid suggested above. If your stimulus onsets occur at fractions of TR (e.g. at time 1.0, 6.5, etc. with TR=2s), neither of these approaches will attempt to interpolate the time series to account for that, i.e. what is averaged is the data from the timepoint (TR) as given in the 1D input file.
Subject Author Posted

Extract raw "HRF" from time series

sejones62 December 12, 2013 03:11PM

Re: Extract raw "HRF" from time series

Bob Cox December 12, 2013 06:20PM

paranoidandroid December 13, 2013 08:43AM

rick reynolds December 13, 2013 08:34AM

Fred December 16, 2013 11:50PM