AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
December 16, 2013 03:25PM
We've been using afni_proc.py to process our data and generate @ss_review scripts to review motion and censoring statistics. I recently noticed that for a participant we scanned on Oct. 29 of this year there was a total censor fraction of 2.24, which shouldn't occur since the highest fraction possible should be 1. I looked into the file a little more and discovered that it seems like the program was dividing the number of TRs censored by the total number of uncensored TRs rather than the total number of TRs (censored+uncensored). In this case, there were 246 TRs for this scan, 170 of which were censored (don't worry, we're not going to use this data), leaving 76 TRs uncensored. Instead of dividing the censored TRs by the total number of TRs (170/246=.69), the output was the number of censored TRs divided by the number of uncensored TRs (170/76=2.24), which is more like a ratio than the percentage of TRs that are censored.

I saw in the AFNI history that there was an update to gen_ss_review_scripts.py on Oct. 24, and am wondering if this update may have somehow caused this to occur. It seems to have affected all of the scripts generated that have the degrees of freedom information listed.
Subject Author Posted

@ss_review script censor fraction

kkerr December 16, 2013 03:25PM

Re: @ss_review script censor fraction

rick reynolds December 16, 2013 04:34PM

rick reynolds December 16, 2013 10:02PM

kkerr December 18, 2013 01:00PM