AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
January 17, 2014 10:00AM
Ok, this might be a trivial problem, but I tried everything and cannot achieve the following with plugout_drive:

1. open an image window in controller A for directory (X).
2. open a new afni controller B.
3. open another image window in controller B for a file that is in a completely different directory (Y).

what I tried:
"SET_SESSION" or "SWITCH_DIRECTORY" do not work, because these commands seem to be equivalent to the "switch" button of the gui, where the directory is not listed.
"CHDIR" is only for the output saving location.

I could open a new afni instance for the new directory, but then the crosshairs between those two are not linked.

So basically what I am missing, and cannot find in the help file, is a command line equivalent to the "Read" Button (a READ_SESSION command....). Manually its no problem to select another directory there and look at two images in different folders....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2014 10:01AM by paranoidandroid.
Subject Author Posted

plugout_drive How to change the read directory?

paranoidandroid January 17, 2014 10:00AM

Re: plugout_drive How to change the read directory?

Daniel Glen January 17, 2014 01:13PM