AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
February 15, 2014 10:41AM
Greetings,

I'm interested in performing hierarchical clustering analysis of the time series of several ROIs (23 or so) to determine resting networks of similar functional relevancy - similar to the methods of Bijsterbosch et al., 2012 (J. Cog Neuro). It looks as though 3dStatClust or maybe 3dmerge/3dclust might be what I need to use, but I'm not sure how to set any of these up appropriately for this purpose.

From the Bijsterbosch paper:
Hierarchical nearest neighbor clustering was performed
on time courses extracted from the 29 ROIs (temporally
concatenated across participants). We identified a level of
the resulting hierarchical tree that distinguished networks
of similar complexity and potential functional relevance...

Would 3dStatClust/3dmerge, etc allow for this? If so, In terms of plugging this in to 3dStatClust or 3dmerge (depending on which would be appropriate for my purposes), how would I set this up?

I should note that my time series files are all '.1D' formatted. I tried to plug these into 3dStatClust and to the error message "can't open dataset" so I'm assuming this wouldn't be the program to use...

Thanks!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2014 01:06PM by p_beach.
Subject Author Posted

Hierarchical clustering ROIs for resting state data

p_beach February 15, 2014 10:41AM

Re: Hierarchical clustering ROIs for resting state data

p_beach February 19, 2014 07:19AM

ziad February 19, 2014 08:45PM

p_beach February 20, 2014 09:07AM