AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
February 26, 2014 03:27PM
Hi Gang,

I ran 3dLME on some files containing area under the curve for responses to pictures (negative or neutral, within subjects), and did a few GLTs to clarify effects and interactions. I have Age and Sex as covariates, and Group (PTSD or HC) as a between subjects variable. Here is my command:

3dLME \
  -prefix group_analysis/emo_reg_FACE_AUC_t1t6_LME_noRS.nii \
  -jobs 6 \
  -mask ${rootPath}/data/emo_reg/rois/PFC_Insula_mask.nii \
  -model 'Valence*Group+Age+Sex' \
  -qVars 'Age' \
  -qVarCenters '13.55' \
  -ranEff '~1' \
  -SS_type 3 \
  -num_glt 6 \
  -gltLabel 1 'NEG-NEUT' -gltCode 1 'Valence : 1*NEG -1*NEU' \
  -gltLabel 2 'PTSD-HC' -gltCode 2 'Group : 1*PT -1*HC' \
  -gltLabel 3 'NEG_PTSD-HC' -gltCode 3 'Valence : 1*NEG Group : 1*PT -1*HC' \
  -gltLabel 4 'NEUT_PTSD-HC' -gltCode 4 'Valence : 1*NEU Group : 1*PT -1*HC' \
  -gltLabel 5 'PTSD_NEG-NEUT' -gltCode 5 'Valence : 1*NEG -1*NEU Group : 1*PT' \
  -gltLabel 6 'HC_NEG-NEUT' -gltCode 6 'Valence : 1*NEG -1*NEU Group : 1*HC' \
  -dataTable \
  Subj	Group	Age	Sex	Valence	InputFile	\
subj003	HC	8	F	NEG	/Volumes/Vol6/YouthPTSD/data/emo_reg/_003/tents_censored/FACE_NEG_tent_auc_2t13.nii	\
subj005	HC	9	M	NEG	/Volumes/Vol6/YouthPTSD/data/emo_reg/_005/tents_censored/FACE_NEG_tent_auc_2t13.nii	\

As expected, my output has subbricks for Valence F, Group F, Age F, Sex F, and Valence:Group F. Because I wanted to see the direction of the effects for Valence and Group, I did GLTs for those. The GLT for PTSD-HC doesn't come close to resembling the Group F results. However, the GLT for PTSD-HC at Negative Valence is almost identical to the Group F result. This makes me think that the Main Effect F tests are actually not collapsing across levels of other factors. Is this possible, and if so, why is it testing at one level of the other factor? Is there a way I could more explicitly force the tests to be done by collapsing across variables?

Thanks!
Rick Wolf
Subject Author Posted

3dLME Main Effects vs. GLTs

rick_wolf February 26, 2014 03:27PM

Re: 3dLME Main Effects vs. GLTs

gang February 26, 2014 04:37PM

Re: 3dLME Main Effects vs. GLTs

rick_wolf February 27, 2014 01:28PM