AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
lyn
April 09, 2014 05:26PM
so I guess I was trying to get a more general answer from researchers about interpreting results and what's comparable.

But for example if I used an analysis with 2x2 design and wanted to look specifically at how one of those factors (vol 4) related to scores on 2 tests, in 3dRegAna maybe I put:

3dRegAna -rows 30 \
-cols 2 \
-xydata 23 11 '../subject1+tlrc[4]' \
-xydata 28 12 '../subject2+tlrc[4]' \
-xydata 12 19 '../subject3+tlrc[4]' \
-model 2 1 : 0 \
-flof 0.01 \
-fcoef 1 RegAna_HIvLO_test1_f \
-fcoef 2 RegAna_HIvLO_test2_f \
-rcoef 1 RegAna_HIvLO_test1_r \
-rcoef 2 RegAna_HIvLO_test2_r \
-tcoef 1 RegAna_HIvLO_test1_t \
-tcoef 2 RegAna_HIvLO_test2_t \
-bucket 0 RegAna_HIvLO_bucket

Perhaps this could allow me to interpret correlations of scores on these 2 tests (whether positively or negatively correlated) to the difference between high and low conditions for one of the factors.

How could this type of analysis be replicated in another program such as 3dMVM (or, can it be?).

In 3dMVM, looking at the interaction between these variables I would expect to be a different analysis, but perhaps this is not the correct interpretation... so I am looking for help on interpreting the output from these programs with multiple levels of factors, to understand what is comparable and what may be unique to each program.

(along the lines of:
3dMVM -prefix MVM_HIvLOrep -jobs 4 \
-model "test1+test2" \
-wsVars "HIvLO*visaud" \
-gltLabel 1 HIvLO_test1 -gltCode 1 "HIvLO : 1*HI -1*LO test1 : " \
)

Thanks!!
Subject Author Posted

3dMVM analysis interpretation/translation

lyn April 08, 2014 11:47PM

Re: 3dMVM analysis interpretation/translation

gang April 09, 2014 12:04PM