AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
January 22, 2016 11:06AM
I used the duration-modulated parameter for 3ddeconvolve (dmblock), so the output for each condition is not a single average Coefficient value, but instead, it is one coefficient value for each trial. For instance, for Subj1, the Cond1 output includes 'Cond1#0_Coef', 'Cond1#1_Coef', 'Cond1#2_Coef'...'Cond1#10_Coef'.

I want to use 3dmaskave to find the average signal change for Cond1, but there are a variable number of sub-bricks for each condition and each subject. Currently, I am able to do this by selecting the corresponding sub-brick indices for each condition, for example, 3dmaskave stats.subj1_REML+tlrc'[1..21(2)]. However, this is not a good solution, because there are a variable number of trials for each subject and each condition.

Is there a way to specify the condition, but instead of using the corresponding number (i.e. Cond1#2_Coef), use a wildcard indicator instead (e.g. Cond1#*_Coef)?

Thanks for the help!

best,
donna
Subject Author Posted

sub-brick wildcard option

donnajb January 22, 2016 11:06AM

Re: sub-brick wildcard option

Peter Molfese January 22, 2016 11:19AM

donnajb January 22, 2016 12:00PM

rick reynolds January 22, 2016 02:45PM