AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
July 18, 2014 05:01PM
Hello Tara,

It is not quite clear to me what you mean by taking the FreeSurfer mask to AFNI/SUMA.

I think the first thing you want to do is map that region to standard mesh surfaces. To do so, you will need to run on the fsaverage directory in FreeSurfer:
@SUMA_Make_Spec_FS -sid fsaverage -GIFTI
This will create a SUMA directory with fsaverage surfaces in orignal and standard-mesh forms.

Convert the cluster from FreeSurfer to GIFTI (.gii) format with something like: mris_convert

At this stage the cluster is readable by SUMA and can be displayed on the fsaverage surfaces. Check that this is the case and that all is well aligned.

Next we map that cluster onto standard mesh surfaces so that this cluster can be mapped to any of your subjects' surfaces.

Map the cluster.gii dataset onto standard mesh surfaces with SUMA's SurfToSurf. The standard-mesh surfaces are created for you by @SUMA_Make_Spec_FS

The resultant standard-mesh cluster, call it std.cluster.gii, can be used on any of your subject's standard mesh surfaces, as long as they are of the same mesh density.

You can also take the surface cluster from standard meshes to volume masks for use in AFNI using 3dSurfToVol.

I hope this helps get you going.

cheers,
Ziad
Subject Author Posted

Use FS group cluster as mask in AFNI

tamiskovich July 17, 2014 11:54AM

Re: Use FS group cluster as mask in AFNI

ziad July 18, 2014 05:01PM

tamiskovich May 04, 2015 01:44PM

ziad May 07, 2015 02:19PM