AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
August 01, 2014 05:02PM
Hi,

In SPM, I have noticed that when multiple amplitude modulators (or parametric modulators, as they call them) are assigned to a regressor, each successive modulator that you add is orthogonalized with respect to the first modulator. This can lead to different results depending on how you order the input of your modulators.

I was wondering, does AFNI do something similar? Does the order of the modulators that you input affect your results at all? I ran some simulation data in one order of modulators and in another order, and it didn't seem to affect the results at all. I just wanted to check and make sure.

Thanks!

-Andy
Subject Author Posted

Orthogonalization of Multiple Amplitude Modulators

Andrew Jahn August 01, 2014 05:02PM

Re: Orthogonalization of Multiple Amplitude Modulators

rick reynolds August 01, 2014 09:08PM