AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
August 26, 2014 07:29PM
Howdy -

Question 1: 3dcalc doesn't seem to care that .afnirc contains the line:
AFNI_ORIENT = lpi
Should it? Moreover, even though 3dinfo reports the dataset that I'm using with 3dcalc has -orient LPI, the processing seems to be occurring using RAI coords.

Question 2: this code produces a mask where x values [-8, infinity) are set to 1, and others are 0:
3dcalc -LPI -a abscon__mni_brain_mni.nii.gz -prefix test -expr 'ispositive(x+10)'
Assuming that 0 doesn't count as positive (so that x=-10 does not evaluate to true) then it appears that values of (-10, infinity) should be set to 1. Since my underlay has 1mm resolution, it won't let me move to non-integral values, so if that's right, (-9, infinity) should be set to 1; in other words, the current results seem off by one.

Am I missing something? Or could it be due perhaps to my voxels being 2.5mm, so that without resampling to 1mm the results are off by a sub-voxel increment? Here's the first bit from 3dinfo on the dataset:
Dataset File:    test+tlrc
Identifier Code: XYZ_igvjBM0klQrJ5o5KQc4MLg  Creation Date: Tue Aug 26 18:20:24 2014
Template Space:  MNI
Dataset Type:    Echo Planar (-epan)
Byte Order:      LSB_FIRST [this CPU native = LSB_FIRST]
Storage Mode:    BRIK
Storage Space:   3,708,984 (3.7 million [mega]) bytes
Geometry String: "MATRIX(-2.5,0,0,90,0,-2.5,0,125.5,0,0,2.5,-72):73,87,73"
Data Axes Tilt:  Plumb
Data Axes Orientation:
  first  (x) = Left-to-Right
  second (y) = Posterior-to-Anterior
  third  (z) = Inferior-to-Superior   [-orient LPI]
R-to-L extent:   -90.000 [R] -to-    90.000 [L] -step-     2.500 mm [ 73 voxels]
A-to-P extent:   -89.500 [A] -to-   125.500 [P] -step-     2.500 mm [ 87 voxels]
I-to-S extent:   -72.000  -to-   108.000 [S] -step-     2.500 mm [ 73 voxels]
Number of values stored at each pixel = 2
  -- At sub-brick #0 'setA_mean' datum type is float:            0 to             1
  -- At sub-brick #1 'setA_Tstat' datum type is float:            0 to             1
Subject Author Posted

3dcalc: off by one using x coord? And .afnirc

shanusmagnus August 26, 2014 07:29PM

Re: 3dcalc: off by one using x coord? And .afnirc

shanusmagnus August 26, 2014 07:38PM

rick reynolds August 27, 2014 02:44PM

shanusmagnus August 27, 2014 03:06PM