AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
November 03, 2014 09:39AM
Hello Alain,

Sorry for the delay. What you can do is convert each of the surfaces to .1D format with ConvertSurface, then use 3dMean to average the coords. Here is an example that does this for just two surfaces, the pial and smoothwm surfaces. You can do this for any set of surfaces at hand, as long as they are isotopic of course. This means you can do this on any set of standard meshes with the same density. Note that it is possible to get a surface with self intersections this way, but in most cases you won't and if you do they're likely small and may be irrelevant for your needs.

Sample commands:

ConvertSurface -i std.60.lh.pial.gii -o_1D test.pial test.pial
ConvertSurface -i std.60.lh.smoothwm.gii -o_1D test.smooth test.smooth

3dMean -prefix test.ave test.smooth.1D.coord test.pial.1D.coord

suma -i test.ave.1D test.pial.1D.topo

cheers,
z
Subject Author Posted

Suma group analysis

Alain Guillaume October 28, 2014 02:51PM

Re: Suma group analysis

rick reynolds October 28, 2014 03:44PM