AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
November 03, 2014 10:38PM
Hello AFNI Experts,

I recently completed a PPI analysis using Gang's set of instructions. I have a question about the output files and which sub-bucket to use in subsequent analyses at the group level. I should note that my study is within-subjects, so I am not planning on comparing two-groups. However, I do want to get a "group" average to see which brain regions correlate with the seed region for the purpose of extracting the correlation using 3dROI stats from the cluster(s) identified. I then plan to correlate these statistics with individual difference measures (I.e., personality traits) outside of AFNI.

So my question is, do I use the interaction-term beta coefficients that are outputted from 3dDecon, and average these for all of my subjects to get a group correlation map? Or would it be more preferable to do the R --> Z transformation and then do a "group" average?

Related, would 3dMean be a good idea for averaging these to get a group-level correlation map or is there a better way to identify major clusters in a within-subjects design for a PPI analysis?

Thanks,

Danny
Subject Author Posted

PPI Analysis Question

Danny November 03, 2014 10:38PM

Re: PPI Analysis Question

gang November 04, 2014 03:58PM

Danny November 04, 2014 04:30PM

gang November 04, 2014 04:40PM