AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
May 15, 2015 09:39AM
hi Gang

I have two questions about 1dSVAR (actually I have more like 100, including "what is it doing", but I will save those for another time).

1) As I mentioned before, I am extracting the timepoints from each condition and concatenating them, then giving the program the information about where the breaks in the data are. How does this affect the selection of the order of the polynomials for trend removal? In other words, these data were extracted from 15 minute+ runs, so in 3dDeconvolve we need a very high polort, but in this case that does not seem appropriate. I know it says to do the detrending within 1dSVAR (as opposed to using 3dDetrend before 1dSVAR for instance) but in this case would it make sense to use detrended data? The selection of the polort makes a big difference in the instantaneous effects.

2) I get very different results for the LR overidentification test for different subjects. How should I interpret these--i.e., is high x-squared bad and if so how bad is "too bad"? is there some cutoff I should have in mind?

thanks!

James
Subject Author Posted

1dSVAR questions: trend removal and overidentification

jkeidel May 15, 2015 09:39AM

Re: 1dSVAR questions: trend removal and overidentification

gang May 15, 2015 03:46PM