AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
June 04, 2015 02:49PM
Hello, I have been working on packaging AFNI for Gentoo Linux for a while now, and, while the current ebuild (Gentoo package atom) works, it does so by cutting a lot of corners.

Among many other things, to make AFNI kind-of compile right, I have to hack one of the Makefiles with sed, and delete some of the stuff bundled in AFNI after it has been already compiled. I was thinking of fixing this by writing a Makefile that does not compile many of the bundled things in the first place. A recent comment over on github, however, made me doubt whether or not that is a worthwhile endeavor - since it is not only a lot of work upfront, but also quite a bit of work to maintain.

Is there maybe any interest with the AFNI developers to switch to CMake or Autotols? This would help not only me, but lots of other package maintainers better deliver AFNI to users. Also, I believe it would be easier for you to maintain in the long run, as well.
Subject Author Posted

Autotools or CMake for AFNI

TheChymera June 04, 2015 02:49PM

Re: Autotools or CMake for AFNI

rick reynolds June 08, 2015 09:05PM