AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
July 08, 2015 05:32PM
Hi Rick,

Thanks for the quick reply!

The reason I ask is:
1) I am analyzing resting-state data for the first time and I want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

2) If I understand correctly, these methods differ slightly from what Power et al (2014) implemented for their own approach?

They seem to interpolate the censored time-points to perform frequency filtering on them. I was confused by these differences, and trying to determine best practices.

3) Parts of my analysis is performed outside afni (in matlab), so I may have to implement censoring myself. It would probably be easiest for me to censor via regression, so I wanted to make sure that this was not substantially different from your approach (or if there were particular reasons not to do it that way). Alternatively, perhaps it would be most fruitful to censor in AFNI and take the resulting residuals to the next step for further analyses.

Thanks again,

Andrew

P.S. When you said that censoring is done in 3dDeconvolve the same way since 1998, you were referring to the time-point deletion method? I thought one approach might be preferred because it takes less time to compute or for other non-results related reasons.
Subject Author Posted

afni_proc.py Censoring

mattare2 July 08, 2015 03:46PM

Re: afni_proc.py Censoring

rick reynolds July 08, 2015 04:18PM

mattare2 July 08, 2015 05:32PM

rick reynolds July 08, 2015 09:11PM

janina_aletheia November 25, 2015 08:42AM