AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
September 17, 2015 03:44PM
Hi there, experts,
I'm struggling to get AFNI up and running on my laptop, which is running Ubuntu 14.04. I've installed libxp, pyqt4 and tcsh, downloaded binaries and moved them to abin in home, and tried a variety of commands after that.

I think I've succeeded in accomplishing these commands, although I did some of them through the gui:
wget [afni.nimh.nih.gov]
	    tar xvfz $package.tgz
	    mv $package/* abin
	    rmdir $package

The next command from howto00,
echo 'set path = ( $path ~/abin )' >> ~/.cshrc
doesn't seem to accomplish anything. I can open csh.cshrc, but I can't save it, even with sudo, and echo/>> doesn't accomplish anything either.

Probably worth mentioning that I'm a complete noob and don't really know what the heck I've waded into... This seems a little similar to a problem I had installing FSL, where I had to modify .profile, but not similar enough to allow me to figure it out.

Any clarity will be appreciated!!
-Brian
Subject Author Posted

installation hangup, problem setting path? no 00!

braincarlozzi September 17, 2015 03:44PM

Re: installation hangup, problem setting path? no 00!

MJ September 17, 2015 04:31PM

braincarlozzi September 17, 2015 05:06PM

Isaac Schwabacher September 17, 2015 05:17PM

braincarlozzi September 17, 2015 05:35PM

rick reynolds September 17, 2015 09:56PM

braincarlozzi September 20, 2015 12:38PM