AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
November 06, 2015 11:24AM
Hello AFNI experts,
I had a problem when running auto_warp.py and wanted to see if you could help. According to the documentation, for 3dQwarp the smallest patch size accepted is 5mm.

-minpatch mm = Set the minimum patch size for warp searching to 'mm' voxels.
*OR* * The value of mm should be an odd integer.
-patchmin mm * The default value of mm is 25.
* For more accurate results than mm=25, try 19 or 13.
* The smallest allowed value is 5 (which will be VERY slow).
However, you may want stop at a larger patch (say 7 or 9) and use
the -Qfinal option to run that final level with quintic warps,
which might run faster and provide the same degree of warp detail.

I tried using a patch size of 5 by passing it through auto_warp.py -qw_opts -patchmin 5. Unfortunately when it reached a patch of 9x9x9 (Level=11) the algorithm finished (native vox resolution is 1mm isotropic) and output the results. I wanted to see if there is something I am missing such as I wanted to reach a patch size of 5x5x5. Is there another option I have to adjust as well to ensure it will continue to 5x5x5?

Thanks,
Ajay
Subject Author Posted

auto_warp.py / 3dQwarp minpatch issue

AjaySK November 06, 2015 11:24AM

Re: auto_warp.py / 3dQwarp minpatch issue

Emperor Zhark November 09, 2015 02:49PM

Re: auto_warp.py / 3dQwarp minpatch issue

AjaySK December 29, 2015 12:40PM