AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
November 24, 2015 12:07PM
Hi Kate,

afni_resproc.py is pretty dated--I wrote it about 3 1/2 years ago when afni_proc.py didn't support all of the resting state options that it does now. Since then, all of the missing functionality has been added to afni_proc.py, while afni_restproc.py hasn't been updated in three years (and won't be in the future). So, you may want to refer to afni_proc.py's examples 9 through 11 and go from there.

To answer your question though, afni_restproc.py doesn't ever call 3dSkullStrip directly, so the problem you're seeing is probably either in the call to @auto_tlrc or align_epi_anat.py. My guess is the latter, but I can't say for sure. You may be able to fix the problem by using the -script option and then editing the offending call. For example, adding "-epi_strip 3dAutomask" to the call to align_epi_anat.py *might* do the trick.

Rick,

I think it would be worth adding a note to afni_restproc.py so it's obvious that it probably isn't the way to go for people who aren't already using it. Something like "WARNING: afni_restproc.py is OLD and (largely) unsupported. For the latest and greatest, see afni_proc.py" at the top and bottom of the help output seems appropriate.

Rayus
Subject Author Posted

afni_restproc

krasmussn November 20, 2015 01:45PM

Re: afni_restproc

rick reynolds November 23, 2015 01:41PM

krasmussn November 23, 2015 02:04PM

Rayus November 24, 2015 12:07PM

krasmussn November 24, 2015 04:15PM