AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
December 08, 2015 02:23PM
Be careful with the values you extract from such a cluster-- see for instance Fig. 3 of Kriegeskorte, et al. (2009) and Question 9 of Kriegeskorte, et al. (2010)!

Here is an example of a plot I'm in the process of creating, based on the second reference I gave:

I'm trying to show the shapes of the distributions (with the violins), the hierarchical structure of the data (each subject has several scans, grouped along a single spine in the plot), and the paired nature of the data (each subject was scanned twice, grouped by a shadow), but there are no standard deviations or anything else that might suggest a statistical test-- these points were pulled from ROIs that were already defined by a voxelwise significance test for a difference between scans.

(I'm not an expert, I just was thinking about this very issue and had a pretty plot I've been dying to show off... ;D)

Isaac
Subject Author Posted

Graphing correct standard error bars

Kaja December 07, 2015 11:53AM

Re: Graphing correct standard error bars

gang December 07, 2015 02:01PM

Isaac Schwabacher December 08, 2015 02:23PM

discoraj December 08, 2015 03:11PM

Isaac Schwabacher December 08, 2015 03:34PM