AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
March 16, 2016 04:08PM
Hi all,

I have ~70 .mat files which contain structural imaging data (including but not limited to DTI and lesion tracings). I would like to convert each of these files into Nifti files so that I can use AFNI to apply masks to each subject individually, using only the structural data from the lesion tracings (i.e. I want to be able to view each subject individually in afni in order to determine the size and location of their lesions).

How can I convert these .mat files into Nifti format?

I copied Ziad Saad's .mat converter exactly as it is here: (https://afni.nimh.nih.gov/afni/doc/source/writeSPMmat_8m-source.html), but I keep on getting error messages like 'Input must be a row vector of characters' or '[fileDir,script,ext = fileparts(scriptname)'. Or it will say that 'matout' is an undefined variable.

Is his Matlab script what I need? And, if so, where am I going wrong? I am a beginner to both AFNI and Matlab.

Thanks,
Nick
Subject Author Posted

How to convert .mat files into Nifti

riccardn March 16, 2016 04:08PM

Re: How to convert .mat files into Nifti

gang March 17, 2016 08:33AM

riccardn March 18, 2016 10:23AM

gang March 18, 2016 04:39PM