AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
April 14, 2016 11:21AM
Sorry, here's a bit more information...

My understanding is that two time series may appear to have a weak correlation with one another but in fact could show similar associations if one took into consideration the time lag. For instance, one time series may simply have a phase that is pushed forward a bit more than the other (but not enough to result in negative correlation). Cross correlation at 0 lag is simply a normal correlation. But, cross correlation at 1,2,3, etc. lag provides a way of looking at the associations at a particular lag. Some researchers have been interested in identifying maximal lag. I'm interested in identifying the maximal correlation given a smallish number of potential lags (maybe 1-5?). I've seen this done on occasion. Here's one potentially relevant publication. [www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]. Please also see question #3 and the answer here: [r.789695.n4.nabble.com].

Jatin
Subject Author Posted

cross correlation

jvaidya April 13, 2016 04:18PM

Re: cross correlation

Bob Cox April 13, 2016 04:23PM

Re: cross correlation

jvaidya April 14, 2016 11:21AM