AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
April 29, 2016 09:16AM
Hi all,

I have an issue of compatibility between AFNI and FSL. I've done a Group ICA analysis with MELODIC in FSL, and I wanted to create a bucket with a subset of the maps of the components of interest. Selecting the volumes is easier and quicker in AFNI with 3dbucket, so I did as follows:

3dbucket -prefix melodic_IC_good.nii.gz 'melodic_IC.nii.gz[0,1,3,4,7,8,11,12,13,14,18]'

Although 3dinfo indicates a correct number of volumes (as a summary):
>> 3dinfo -nt melodic_IC_good.nii.gz

fslinfo indicates that there is only one volume in the 4th dimension!!
>> fslinfo melodic_IC_good.nii.gz
data_type FLOAT32
dim1 57
dim2 71
dim3 56
dim4 1
datatype 16
pixdim1 3.000000
pixdim2 3.000000
pixdim3 3.000000
pixdim4 1.000000
cal_max 0.0000
cal_min 0.0000
file_type NIFTI-1+

I would like to do a subsequent analysis in FSL (dual regression with randomise), but FSL gives me problems because it identifies as if there were only one volume.

Have you observed this compatibility issue before? Is there any way to change that number so that FSL sees the correct number of volumes? Is this an FSL issue and thus must be posted there? Although they'd probably reply to me it is an AFNI issue, and so forth.

thanks in advance,
Cesar
Subject Author Posted

Number of volumes after 3dBucket in nifti file: compatibility with FSL

Cesar Caballero Gaudes April 29, 2016 09:16AM

Re: Number of volumes after 3dBucket in nifti file: compatibility with FSL

Daniel Glen April 29, 2016 11:10AM

Re: Number of volumes after 3dBucket in nifti file: compatibility with FSL

rick reynolds April 29, 2016 11:14AM